One of the major impediments to the economic resurgence of Nigerian and other third world countries today is the problem of Power.
Almost every facet of the economy needs electricity to properly function. From the minutes hair salon to that Large biscuit factory. From that road side business center to a Large format printing press. Stalls, Malls, Schools, Hospitals, Hotels, and Churches are all in dire need of electricity.
As a leader who feels the pulse of his people and upon assumption of office, Hon. Chief Chinedum Orji, a trained Engineer by profession, who clearly understands the role power plays in the economy of nations decided to include accurate power distribution, in his action plan.
Truth is, before he was elected as member representing Umuahia Central State Constituency, most of the transformers in the constituency were in bad shape which occasioned unsteady power supply in some areas.
This led him into the aggressive replacement of the old and tired transformers within his constituency and the refurbishing of the ones with minor faults. Till date, Ikuku Abia has donated and installed well over 10 transformers and refurbished 4 within the past 3 years in his constituency.
He didn’t stop there, he single handedly re-electrified the whole of Palm Lane extension and environs, from the planting of new high tension poles to installation of high tension and low tension cables with a brand new transformer, thus lighting up an area that was in total darkness for a long time.
These transformers were donated and installed at the following locations:
1. Transformer Donated at School Road.
2. Transformer Donated and Energized at world Bank Health Center Road.
3. Transformer Donated and Energized beside Afara Technical School, Afara
4. Transformer donated and Energized at Ohobo Afaraukwu
5. Transformer Donated at Amuzukwu Mbaraukwu
6. Transformer Donated at Amuzukwu Umuwaya Mbara
7. Transformer Donated and Energized at Umuchime/Umuezeronta Amuzukwu
8. Transformer donated and Energized at Abiriba Street by Ibeku road.
9. Transformer donated and Energized at Uwalaka street.
10. Transformer Donated and Energized at Ubakala Street.
11. Refurbishing of Transformers locates at:
a. Awolowo street by Owerri road
b. Kaduna Street by Umuwaya road
c. Igbo street by Uzuakoli road
d. Item street by Niger
These are the silent but bold statements of Engr. Chief Chinedum Orji.
You can choose to call him Ikukuoma Abia, yet some prefer to call him Papa Umuafrika, Ndi Eze Ngwa conferred him with the Title “Ogatuo Onye ihe narara ahu”.
All these accolades are testimonies of giant strides recorded just within one tenure.
Thank You Ikuku Abia For lighting up Your Constituency. Every Lover of truth can attest to the fact that the problems associated with Transformers has become a thing of the past within your constituency.
Jide Nke Iji #BOSS
Stay with us as we bring you the Part 3 of this beautiful tales of the accomplishments of an UNCOMMON LEGISLATOR!!!!
Culled from Olu Umuafrika