Abia State Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, has approved the setting up of a joint negotiating committee on the implementation of the new minimum wage in the state.
The team which is expected to conclude its work and submit its report to the Governor on or before the 31st of December, 2019, includes the following members:
- Head of Service (Chairman)
- Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance
- Permanent Secretary/Executive Secretary, Planning Commission
- Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Justice
- Permanent Secretary, Establishment/Pension (Secretary)
- Permanent Secretary, LG Service Commision
- Auditor General of the State
- Accountant-General of the state
- Joint Council Chairman (Labour spokesman)
- TUC Chairman
- NLC Chairman
- N U T Chairman
- NULGE Chairman
- Chairman council 1
- Chairman council 2
- Chairman Council 3
The Committee will be inaugurated on Wednesday, 11th December, 2019, by the Deputy Governor, Rt. Hon. Ude Oko Chukwu, PhD, at the conference room, office of the Deputy Governor.
Chief John Okiyi Kalu
Honorable Commisioner for Information, Abia State.