Abia born philantropist and chancellor Gregory University Uturu, Professor Gregory Ibe has felicitated with the Governor of Abia State Dr Okezie Victor Ikpeazu on the commemoration of 2020 Democracy day which cumulatively marks the 5th year anniversary of the administration of Dr Okezie Victor Ikpeazu as the Executive Governor of God’s own state.
Prof Ibe, un a Goodwill message sent to the office of the Executive Governor of Abia state and made available to Abia Pulse News said “it is with joy that I write to felicitate with you and the good people of our dear state
state , as we jointly mark the 21st edition of the celebration of our nation’s nascent democracy and the 5th
anniversary of your divine emergence as Governor and Chief Servant of Abia state.
While appreciating God for His unending mercies for our nation, which has enabled us surmount innumerable daunting social, economic and political challenges within these 21 years of uninterrupted democratic governance,I am particularly enthused over the value addition of your productive five-year tenure in our state.”
In continuation, The Chancellor applauded the numerous sectors where the administration have performed creditably well.
In his words “My dear Governor, given our privileged common education sector background, I can only interpret your stellar performance in critical sectors of our state in the light of the popular quote by the founder and pioneer President of the Republic of Turkey, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk. Who said that “A good teacher is like a candle-it consumes itself to light the way for others.”
Subsequently, “I have been challenged by your formative policies to complement the apparent productive efforts by offering support through many public private partnerships, including but not limited to such COVID-19 interventions as;
- Donation of 250 sets of COVID-19 Test Kits and 2 units of Digital Infrared Thermometers.
- Donation of 850 bags of 50 kg rice for distribution as palliatives to Abians.
- The release and deployment of 2 ambulances to the state Inter Ministerial committee on COVID-19 to assist in conveying samples to test centres for diagnosis.
- The deployment of 8-man fumigation team to assist in decontaminating public places in Umuahia and Aba.
- The production and donation of 1000 bottles of potent hand sanitizers and 300 bottles of GUU special Sniff-Sniff inhaler for distribution to Abians.
- Direct distribution of additional 500 bags of 50kg rice and 4000 cartons of noodles to the 17 Local Government Councils and some selected groups in the state.”
He rated the Government high in delivery the needed dividends of democracy to citizens and equally promised to stand beside the Government in anything they are doing considered to be in the interest of the state at large “Let me therefore thank you copiously for your pragmatic leadership in these past five
years, which has subsequently provided a sure and solid foundation for the emergence of a truly great Abia state of
our collective dream”.
“Going forward sir, please do receive assurances of my sustained support”. he concluded.