- Exco observed one minute silence in honor of late Honorable Commissioner For Environment, Dr Solomon Ogunji.
- Exco sent a goodwill message to Governor Okezie Ikpeazu and all those undergoing COVID-19 infection management in the state and wished them quick recovery.
- Exco applauded Governor Okezie Ikpeazu and the members of the state inter-ministerial committee on COVID-19 over the successful launching of state-owned testing center at Abia State Specialist Hospital & Diagnostic Center, Amachara and another one that will open in Aba next week.
- In order to further improve the road infrastructure capital in the state, Exco reviewed and approved the following road projects as recommended by the Finance and General Purpose Committee (F&GPC):
a. Contract for construction of Ukwunwangwu/Ndudu (2.95 km) Road Phase 1, Uturu, Isuikwuato LGA.
b. Contract for the construction of Obiagu/Umuanyi (1.9km) Road, Uturu, Isuikwuato LGA.
c. Contract for the construction of Ukwunwangwu-Isunabo (1.8km) Road, Uturu, Isuikwuato LGA.
d. Contract for rehabilitation of Umuenyere Alayi-Item-Nkporo Road in Bende/Ohafia LGA (26km).
e. Contract for the construction of 2.5km Umuokwu/Ubaha Road (Leading to Dephilajoms Agro & Allied Industries (Nig) Ltd.
f. Contract for the construction/ rehabilitation of Adaelu-Unity Garden Estate Road (1.4km), Osisioma LGA.
g. Contract for the construction of Amapu Ntigha-Abam Ubakala Road in Isialangwa North and Umuahia North LGA’s (1.0km).
h. Contract for the construction of Apumiri Umuochi – Umuejeaya Mgarakuma – Ahiaorie Umuosu (3.2Km) Road in Umuahia south LGA.
i. Contract for the recontruction of Obioha Road, Aba South LGA (2.95km).
j. Contract for the reconstruction of Ohanku Road, Aba South LGA (5.3km).
k. Contract for variation: As a result of dualization/expansion of Ururuka Road from Ogbor-Hill Bridge to Umuobiakwa (13km).
l. Contract for rehabilitation of Obigbo – Aba Sports Club GRA, Aba (1.100Km).
m. Contract for Rehabilitation of Abak Road and PZ Road (0.760km).
n. Contract for the rehabilitation of Egbelu Railway Line – Aba/Owerri Roads, GRA, Aba.(1.244km).
o. Contract for the reconstruction of Ekeakpara Road from Osisioma Junction (3.5km).
p. Contract for the construction of Amaorji Osusu-Okpuala Ngwa-Amauzu Ovungwu-Ntigha Umukalu Road, and Spurs at Obikabia, Iheorji, Palace Aru-Egbelu and Umuosi-Ntigha Roads(15km), Isialangwa North and South LGAs.
q. Contract for the construction of Nbawsi Junction to Okpoala (St. Judges/Umunkolo Bypass), Isialangwa North LGA (2.0km).
r. Contract for the reconstruction of Chief Ubani Road, Aba North LGA(1km).
s. Contract for the variation/construction of Bende-Idima Abam Road in Bende and Arochukwu LGAs (8.1km).
- To review the Abia State Bio Refinery Project, an interministerial committee was set up as follows:
i. Dr Aham Uko – Chairman
ii. Chief Chijioke Madumere – Secretary
iii. Engr. Thomas Okoro
iv. Dr Chukwuma Agu
The committee is expected to report back within 4 weeks.
- To strengthen internal security, especially at major boundary communities in the state, the ministry of homeland security was given approval to deploy modern electronic and digital technology to monitor and improve existing security structure in the state on pilot basis.
- Exco approved the construction of a medical complex for New Born Babies at Mother & Child Specialist Hospital, opposite Central Police Station (CPS) along Bende road, Umuahia, with state-of-the-art equipment for diagnosis and management of patients.
- Exco approved the resolution on funding of COVID-19 related intervention activities through budgetary provisions.
- Exco was briefed on the long term development plan for the state and approved integration with the expected report from the post-COVID-19 committee.
- Exco approved funding for the completion of the JAAC building in Umuahia as well as counterpart fund for Universal Basic Education projects.
- Exco reviewed the ongoing virtual learning program of the ministry of education and approved funding for related projects and its sustenance.
Chief John Okiyi Kalu
Honorable Commissioner for Information, Abia State