My attention has been drawn to a poorly done hatchet media job captioned Ndigbo Reject Purported Ohanaeze Election, which was recently published online on some popular blogs.
After perusing the content of the said publication, my initial reaction was to dismiss the article as the mischievous handiwork of some misguided people but considering the possible negative impact of the work on the reading public, i hereby make the following clarifications;
- That the said publication is completely false,baseless and totally misleading and a figment of the hallucinatory imagination of it’s misguided authors.
- That I actively participated in the election that produced the current leadership of our cherished Ohanaeze Ndigbo under the helmsmanship of His Excellency Prof George Obiozor.
- That the electioral process which produced the current leadership was free,fair, transparent and credible,as attested to by many notable Igbo sons and daughters,who through various congratulatory messages have added credence and impetus to the exercise,while invariably endorsing the new executive team.
- That I did not participate in any zoom meeting that rejected the outcome of the said election as insinuated by the inglorious publication.
- I therefore enjoin all right thinking individuals to discountenance the purported rejection of t he recent Ohanaeze Ndigbo election.
Prof Gregory Ibe,PhD(OFR),
Gregory University Uturu